Integrating a cellular trail camera with a data plan is one of the best ways to make sure your trail-cam photos are easily accessible and stored somewhere safe. Some benefits of choosing trail cameras that send pictures to your phone include:
- Access to your photos from anywhere you have a cellular signal — regardless of your proximity to your trail camera — thanks to the convenience of mobile apps. You can also view photos via your log-in credentials on the mobile website.
- The option to store your photos in cloud-based storage, keeping them safe and secure if anything happens to your phone.
- The ability to customize your data plan to match how many cameras you have and how often you plan to use them.
- Additional perks and features, like built-in AI capabilities, the ability to change camera settings remotely, image filtering and sorting options and push alerts when photos are taken or delivered.
Now that you know more about the benefits of cellular trail camera data plans, how much does a cellular plan for a trail camera cost? The answer depends on several factors, including:
- Whether you are paying on a month-by-month basis or for an entire year upfront.
- The brand, model and type of trail camera you are using.
- How much data and photos you anticipate using each month.
- Whether you opt for thumbnail-size or full-resolution images.
- Any add-ons or bonus features, like access to cloud storage, which may cost additional fees, depending on the manufacturer.
On average, these plans can range anywhere from free to costing $60 or so each month, often paid upfront for a year. Some plans run about $1,000 annually, with others costing more and less depending on how many cameras are connected to your data plan and whether that company charges for data usage or on a picture-by-picture basis.
Incorporating a cellular trail camera into your hunting and scouting process, security or wildlife photography hobby can enhance your experience. Let’s review the differences between some of the most popular trail camera manufacturer plans and service providers so you can choose the best one for your needs. Then, learn the benefits of choosing Moultrie Mobile as your cellular trail camera provider.
Trail Camera Manufacturer Plans
Every game camera manufacturer provides different services from others. Prices vary across the industry, and the value of any 4G wireless trail camera plan depends on how well that manufacturer meets your specific needs. Some of your needs may include:
- Compatibility with a cellular service provider that has extensive coverage in your area.
- Whether the data plan includes the cost of photo transmissions or total data usage.
- High-quality products that are suitable for your intended use.
- Availability of multi-camera packages and other add-on options.
- Your budget for both the initial camera purchase and monthly charges and fees.
- The ability to pay monthly, quarterly or annually.
- The overall quality of the product, service and ongoing care.
Below are some of the most popular manufacturers of trail cameras with 4G cellular game camera plans.
1. Moultrie Mobile
As a long-time leader in the trail camera industry, we designed the Moultrie Mobile cellular trail camera plans to integrate seamlessly into your lifestyle and offer convenient features that enable you to get the most out of your camera footage. All plans below include unlimited cloud storage, HD versions of images available for download on-demand and advanced image recognition — all with no contract required. Our plans are compatible with both Verizon and AT&T-connected cellular trail cameras, offering maximum coverage. The Moultrie Mobile App is also easy to use, allowing you to access and monitor your camera’s status and settings when you’re away.
Choose from one of these flexible, cost-efficient Moultrie cellular train camera plans:
- Standard: The Standard plan includes 1,000 images and 10 videos each month. It costs $8.99 per month if you pay annually and $9.99 if you pay each month.
- Unlimited: The Unlimited plan includes an unlimited number of images and 50 videos each month, which costs $12.99 per month when paid annually and $16.99 when paid monthly.
- Pro Series Unlimited: The Pro Series Unlimited plan includes unlimited images and 50 videos each month, and you save more when you have four or more cameras on this plan. Your first camera is $34.99 per month and additional cameras are $7.99 per camera a month.
Every Moultrie Mobile plan is competitively priced and includes convenient features and anytime-access to our helpful team of customer service representatives. Think you might need a few more pictures one month than you do in another? Moultrie has you covered. Our plans are flexible and adaptable to your lifestyle. For the Standard plans, you can easily add 500 more images to your plan for an additional $4.99, or add an additional 50 videos for $1.
With every Moultrie Mobile monthly plan, you also have the option to pay annually rather than monthly, which saves up to 40%. Plus, you can upgrade or downgrade your plan anytime and there is never an activation or cancellation fee. Regardless of the Moultrie Mobile plan you choose, you’ll have access to valuable features that will enhance your hunting and scouting experience.
Spypoint has four photo transmission plans available for enrollment — the Free, Basic, Standard and Premium:
- The Free option includes 100 photos per month of enrollment.
- The Basic plan costs $4 per month when paid annually and $5 per month when paid monthly. It gets you 250 photos each month.
- The Standard plan includes 1,000 monthly pictures at $7 per month when paid annually and $10 when month-to-month.
- The Premium plan includes unlimited photos for $10 a month annually or $15 paid each month.
Using Spypoint’s CELL-LINK, you can connect their services to nearly any SD-compatible trail camera you own, so you don’t need to replace your current equipment. All plans include no activation fee and no contract.
3. Stealth Cam
Stealth Cam has data plans available for its line of wireless cameras. You can choose to pay monthly or annually, and the number of photos may vary according to the camera pick. Monthly options include the following:
- The first 30 days are free.
- 600 photos or 50MB of data for $5 each month paid monthly or $4 a month paid annually.
- 100MB of data, which equates to roughly 2,000 photos and costs $10 per month paid monthly or $8 a month paid annually.
- Unlimited photos for $20 per month paid monthly or $15 a month paid annually.
- A Bundle Pro option, which lets you connect three cameras for $50 each month, and then an additional $5 for every camera after that. The bundle option includes 36,000 photos.
Annual plans include the same data and photo options but at a discounted price. For these plans, note that the number of photos each month may vary, and there is a 10-cent charge per MB of overage.
Bushnell’s Wireless Trophy Cam App is compatible with their line of cellular trail cameras. Game camera data plans include:
- Up to 2,000 photos a month for $9.99 per month. You’ll have access to 10 high-resolution images and five video downloads a month.
- Unlimited photos for $14.99 per month. You’ll access unlimited high-resolution images and unlimited video downloads.
The first 30 days of your plan are free and you can start and stop your plan at any time.
Covert’s cellular trail cameras operate via Verizon or AT&T connectivity and include an option to pay monthly, quarterly or yearly. Their prices are among the highest, and they offer several different options, depending on how many images you want or need per trail camera. Monthly plans include options for:
- 100 photos for $4.99.
- 1,000 photos for $7.99.
- 5,000 photos for $9.99.
- 10,000 photos for $14.99.
- 20,000 photos for $19.99.
- Unlimited photos for $19.99.
Quarterly plans include the ability to get more pictures each month, including options with:
- 400 pictures for $14.99.
- 3,500 pictures for $19.99.
- 12,500 pictures for $24.99.
- 25,000 pictures for $34.99.
- 50,000 pictures for $49.99.
- Unlimited pictures for $59.97.
Yearly options include:
- 1,500 pictures for $59.99.
- 15,000 pictures for $74.99.
- 30,000 pictures for $89.99.
- 50,000 pictures for $99.99.
- 125,000 pictures for $149.99.
- 500,000 pictures for $424.99.
Covert also offers a LoRa data plan and international data plans for certain trail cameras.
Cuddeback’s CuddeLink allows you to create a network of up to 15 remote cameras on a single plan and transmits images from those cameras to an image collection camera. This way, you only need to check one camera rather than all of them. CuddeLink can move photos across several miles, depending on terrain conditions.
The Basic monthly plans include 2,000 images per month and costs $20. Deluxe plans include unlimited images for $40 each month. There are also annual-pay plans at a discounted cost. Image count is approximate and includes 100MB of data. All plans operate through Verizon LTE, and there is a charge if you go over your allotted amount of data for the month.
Though Spartan has data plans available for several service providers, the Verizon Spartan GoCam LTE is their first certified cellular trail camera plan. Verizon options include:
- 500MB data for one month at $15.99.
- 1GB Data for one month at $22.99.
- 2GB Data for one month at $32.99.
- 1GB of data for three months at $35.99.
- 3GB of data for three months at $64.99.
- 6GB of data for six months at $109.99.
- 12GB of data for one year at $199.99.
Other game camera service providers for Spartan include AT&T, Cellcom, Sprint and U.S. Cellular.
Exodus cellular trail cameras operate through Scoutek data plans, which use the Verizon 4G LTE network. The data plans are shared among your cameras, but each line is an additional cost per month. Data plans include:
- 5MB, or roughly 100 photos, per month for $1.
- 25MB, or 500 photos, per month for $3.
- 50MB, or 1,000 photos, per month for $5.
- 100MB, which is about 2,000 monthly photos, for $10.
- 250MB, or roughly 5,000 photos, for $15.
- 500MB, which equates to about 10,000 images, for $20.
- 1GB of monthly data, which yields about 20,000 photos, for $30.
- 2GB of data each month, or about 40,000 pictures, for $60.
- 5GB of data, or 100,000 monthly pictures, for $120.
- 10GB of shared data, which is near 200,000 images, for $220.
Cellular Service Providers for Trail Cameras
Some cellular game data plans are compatible with only one cellular service provider, while others are compatible with two or more. Always take the service provider into account when choosing your plan and check that their high-speed coverage extends to the areas where your trail cameras are installed.
The three most popular service providers compatible with 4G cellular trail camera plans are Verizon, AT&T and Sprint:
- Verizon: To access Verizon trail camera service, you need a connected device plan. Verizon’s connected device plans can work through your account’s unlimited or shared data plan, or you can opt for a single device plan instead. Single device data plans range from 500MB to 1GB of data, while shared data plans can reach 10GB. There are also add-on data boosts you can use for your Verizon cellular trail camera plans for an additional fee. Verizon covers more than 99% of the U.S. population, so you likely won’t have trouble picking up a strong signal where you need it most.
- AT&T: With wireless coverage in every state, AT&T has both prepaid and standard contract data plans. AT&T game trail camera service prepaid data options include an 8GB high-speed data plan, an unlimited data plan and an unlimited plus data plan that includes a 10GB mobile hotspot. Standard contract AT&T trail camera plans include unlimited and mobile share options, so you can adapt them to fit multiple cameras if necessary.
- Sprint: Sprint, which is now a part of T-Mobile, has the Essentials, Magenta and Magenta Plus data plans with ranging unlimited options for cellular plans, as well as a prepaid connected device plan that gives you a choice between 2GB and 22GB of data. Sprint trail camera service is available nationwide.
Why Moultrie Mobile Offers the Best Cellular Trail Camera Plan
With adaptable, cost-efficient plans, flexible coverage options and world-class customer support, Moultrie Mobile is the best cellular trail camera plan for anyone who wants reliable quality and convenient built-in features. Here’s what you get when you choose Moultrie Mobile:
- Multiple coverage options: With the ability to choose between Verizon and AT&T as your service provider, you can select the one that has the best coverage in your area. You are not bound to whichever company currently services your cellphone — our plans are their own entity and can exist on a different network from your cell phone.
- Flexible plan options: We offer several different plan options to suit various needs and lifestyles, all with no required contracts and no fine print. You have the opportunity to pay either monthly or upfront for the year, which saves you money. As your needs and lifestyle change, you can easily adjust your plan to a lower or higher tier, or add 500 photos to your current month for an extra charge.
- Unlimited cloud storage: Every plan comes with free unlimited cloud storage, so your photos are easily accessible and safely stored. This means even if your phone breaks, you can access your images without issue.
- Advanced image recognition: Our advanced image recognition system helps you get the most value for your money, sifting through your game cam photos to identify and tag ones with deer, buck, turkey, people and vehicles in them.
- Trained customer support: Our highly trained support team is based in the U.S. and is always available to help if you have questions or require assistance — even on nights and weekends. Enjoy further peace of mind with our three-year hassle-free warranty program.
- Easy setup: It only requires three simple steps to set up and you’re ready to receive photos and improve your hunting.
- More than a trail camera: The Moultrie Mobile app includes quality features and technology that is sure to impress. You’ll have everything you need with one innovative app.
- High resolution: You’ll receive HDR images and HD videos with sound directly to your phone. You’ll have the ability to scout from virtually anywhere.
- Free two-year warranty: You’ll be backed with our industry-leading warranty for up to two years after the purchase date. Remember to register your camera to ensure you’re covered by the two-year warranty.
Learn More About Moultrie Mobile
At Moultrie, we’re committed to creating reliable, innovative products that provide you the quality and value you need. Browse our website to shop our collection of cellular trail cameras and trail camera accessories today, or learn more about choosing the right cellular trail camera data plan for you!
In this blog series, we spend some time hanging out with our hunting friends from around the country to talk deer hunting, scouting and fun stories. Follow along here as we talk with our friends from Last Breath TV.
As hunting season kicks into high gear, it’s time to get prepped and ready for the best season ever. Download our free 2021 Hunting Checklist and don’t forget to make Moultrie Mobile part of your toolkit.
Depending on your needs, you can use cellular trail cameras for home security. Learn about the differences between these cameras and traditional options!