How to Choose a Cellular Trail Camera Plan
Whether you’re a first-time hunter or have years of hunting experience under your belt, you know the importance of scouting the area beforehand. Getting a feel for the surrounding wildlife and lay of the land gives you an advantage when you set out on your next trip.
Trail cameras are the perfect solution to giving you the upper hand. With coverage of your entire property, you can have a clear view of many outdoor angles to better strategize your next hunting venture. Many of these cameras work on cellular plans to give you real-time visibility regarding what’s happening around your property.
On average, trail camera plans can range anywhere from free to costing $60 or so each month, often paid upfront for a year. Some plans run about $1,000 annually. Others cost more or less depending on the number of cameras on your data plan and whether that company charges for data usage or on a picture-by-picture basis.
Incorporating a cellular trail camera into your hunting and scouting process, security or wildlife photography hobby can enhance your experience. Learn the benefits of choosing Moultrie Mobile as your cellular trail camera provider by reading below.
Benefits of Choosing Reliable Trail Cameras
Integrating a cellular trail camera with a data plan is one of the best ways to ensure your trail cam photos are easily accessible and stored somewhere safe. With the proper connection, you can check up on areas of your property any time you desire without worrying about a choppy feed, disconnected coverage or lagging.
Some benefits of choosing trail cameras that send pictures to your phone include:
- Access to your photos from anywhere you have a cellular signal — regardless of your proximity to your trail camera. You can also view pictures via your log-in credentials on the mobile website.
- The option to store your photos in cloud-based storage, keeping them safe and secure if anything happens to your phone.
- The ability to customize your data plan to match how many cameras you have and how often you plan to use them.
- Additional perks and features, like built-in AI capabilities, the ability to change camera settings remotely, image filtering and sorting options and push alerts when photos are taken or delivered.
You can enjoy the views of the great outdoors right from your fingertips with reliable coverage sent to your phone. If you’re scouting out your next hunt, choosing the right trail cameras offers you all the above benefits as you explore the great outdoors.
Now that you know more about the benefits of cellular trail camera data plans, you might be wondering how much you can expect to pay for the costs of these connectivity packages. The answer depends on several factors, including:
- Whether you are paying monthly or for an entire year upfront.
- The brand, model and type of trail camera you are using.
- How much data and photos you anticipate using each month.
- Whether you opt for thumbnail-size or full-resolution images.
- Any add-ons or bonus features, like access to cloud storage, may cost additional fees, depending on the manufacturer.
Exploring your options for the best trail camera manufacturer plans can give you a better idea of which choice gives you more bang for your buck. Comparing the quality and costs of each one can make your decision easier.
The Best Cellular Trail Camera Plans With Moultrie Mobile
Every game camera manufacturer provides different services from others. Prices vary across the industry, and the value of any 4G wireless trail camera plan depends on how well that manufacturer meets your specific needs. Some of your needs may include the following:
- Compatibility with a cellular service provider that has extensive coverage in your area.
- Whether the data plan includes the cost of photo transmissions or total data usage.
- High-quality products that are suitable for your intended use.
- Availability of multi-camera packages and other add-on options.
- Your budget for both the initial camera purchase and monthly fees.
- The ability to pay monthly, quarterly or annually.
- The overall quality of the product, service and ongoing care.
At Moultrie Mobile, we take all of these crucial factors into consideration when helping you find quality coverage that fits your budget.
As a long-time leader in the trail camera industry, we designed the Moultrie Mobile cellular trail camera plans to integrate seamlessly into your lifestyle and offer convenient features that enable you to get the most out of your camera footage. All plans below include unlimited cloud storage, HD versions of images available for on-demand download and advanced image recognition — all with no contract required.
Our plans are compatible with Verizon- and AT&T-connected cellular trail cameras, offering maximum coverage. Additionally, our Moultrie Mobile App is also easy to use, allowing you to access and monitor your camera’s status and settings when you’re away.
Choose from one of these flexible, cost-efficient Moultrie cellular train camera plans:
- Standard: The Standard plan includes 1,000 images and 10 videos each month. It costs $8.99 per month if you pay annually and $9.99 if you pay each month.
- Unlimited: The Unlimited plan includes a limitless number of images and 50 videos each month, which costs $12.99 per month when paid annually and $16.99 when paid monthly.
- Pro Series Unlimited: The Pro Series Unlimited plan includes unlimited images and 50 videos each month, and you save more when you have four or more cameras on this plan. Your first camera is $34.99 per month, and additional cameras are $7.99 per camera each month.
Every Moultrie Mobile plan offers competitive pricing and includes convenient features and anytime-access to our helpful team of customer service representatives.
Do you need a few more pictures for one month than you do in another? Moultrie has you covered. Our plans are flexible and adaptable to your lifestyle. For the Standard plans, you can easily add 500 more images to your plan for an additional $4.99, or add 50 videos for $1.
With every Moultrie Mobile monthly plan, you also have the option to pay annually rather than monthly, saving up to 40% on total monthly costs. Plus, you can upgrade or downgrade your plan anytime and there is never an activation or cancellation fee. Regardless of the Moultrie Mobile plan you choose, you’ll have access to valuable features that will enhance your hunting and scouting experience.
Cellular Service Providers for Trail Cameras
Some cellular game data plans are compatible with only one cellular service provider, while others are compatible with two or more. Always consider the service provider when choosing your trail camera plan and check that their high-speed coverage extends to the areas where you install your cameras.
The two most popular service providers compatible with 4G cellular trail camera plans are Verizon and AT&T:
- Verizon: You need a connected device plan to access Verizon cellular game camera plans. Verizon’s connected device plans can work through your account’s unlimited or shared data plan, or you can opt for a single-device plan instead. Single-device data plans range from 500MB to 1GB, while shared data plans can reach 10GB. You can also use add-on data boosts for your Verizon cellular trail camera plans for an additional fee. Verizon covers more than 99% of the U.S. population, so you likely won’t have trouble picking up a strong signal where you need it most.
- AT&T: With wireless coverage in every state, AT&T has both prepaid and standard contract data plans. AT&T game trail camera service prepaid data options include an 8GB high-speed data plan, an unlimited data plan and an unlimited plus data plan that includes a 10GB mobile hotspot. Standard contract AT&T trail camera plans include unlimited and mobile share options, so you can adapt them to fit multiple cameras if necessary.
Why Moultrie Mobile Offers the Best Cellular Trail Camera Plan
With adaptable, cost-efficient plans, flexible coverage options and world-class customer support, Moultrie Mobile is the best cellular trail camera plan for anyone who wants reliable quality and convenient built-in features. Here’s what you get when you choose Moultrie Mobile:
- Multiple coverage options: With the ability to choose between Verizon, AT&T and other major cellular networks as your service provider, you can select the one with the best coverage in your area. You are not bound to whichever company currently services your cellphone — our plans are their own entity and can exist on a different network from your cell phone.
- Flexible plan options: We offer several different plan options to suit various needs and lifestyles, all with no required contracts and no fine print. You have the opportunity to pay either monthly or upfront for the year, which saves you money. As your needs and lifestyle change, you can easily adjust your plan to a lower or higher tier, or add 500 photos to your current month for an extra charge.
- Unlimited cloud storage: Every plan has free unlimited cloud storage, so your photos are easily accessible and safely stored. Even if your phone breaks, you can access your images without issue.
- Advanced image recognition: Our advanced image recognition system helps you get the most value for your money, sifting through your game cam photos to identify and tag ones with deer, buck, turkey, people and vehicles in them.
- Trained customer support: Our highly trained support team is based in the U.S. and is always available to help if you have questions or require assistance — even on nights and weekends. Enjoy further peace of mind with our three-year hassle-free warranty program.
- Easy setup: It only requires three simple steps to set up and you’re ready to receive photos and improve your hunting.
- More than a trail camera: The Moultrie Mobile app includes quality features and technology that is sure to impress. You’ll have everything you need with one innovative app.
- High resolution: You’ll receive HDR images and HD videos with sound directly to your phone. You’ll have the ability to scout from virtually anywhere.
- Free two-year warranty: You’ll be backed with our industry-leading warranty for up to two years after the purchase date. Remember to register your camera to ensure the two-year warranty covers you.
In this blog series, we spend some time hanging out with our hunting friends from around the country to talk deer hunting, scouting and fun stories. Follow along here as we talk with our friends from Last Breath TV.
As hunting season kicks into high gear, it’s time to get prepped and ready for the best season ever. Download our free 2021 Hunting Checklist and don’t forget to make Moultrie Mobile part of your toolkit.
Depending on your needs, you can use cellular trail cameras for home security. Learn about the differences between these cameras and traditional options!