Purchasing cellular plans for trail cameras is one of the best ways to make sure your trail-cam photos are easily accessible and stored somewhere safe. Some benefits of choosing trail cameras that send pictures to your phone include:
- Access to your photos from anywhere you have a cellular signal — regardless of your proximity to your trail camera — thanks to the convenience of mobile apps. You can also view photos via your log-in credentials on the mobile website.
- The option to store your photos in cloud-based storage, keeping them safe and secure if anything happens to your phone or trail camera.
- The ability to customize your data plan to match how many cameras you have and how often you plan to use them.
- Additional perks and features, like built-in AI capabilities, the ability to change camera settings remotely, image filtering and sorting options and push alerts when photos are taken or delivered.
Now that you know more about the benefits of cellular trail camera data plans, how much does one typically cost? The answer depends on several factors, including:
- Whether you are paying on a month-by-month basis or for an entire year upfront.
- The brand, model and type of trail camera you are using.
- How much data and photos you anticipate using each month.
- Whether you opt for thumbnail-size or full-resolution images.
- Any add-ons or bonus features, like access to cloud storage, which may cost additional fees, depending on the manufacturer.
On average, these plans can range anywhere from free to costing $60 or so each month, with discounts offered for paying upfront for a year. Some plans run about $1,000 annually, with others costing more and less depending on how many cameras are connected to your data plan and whether that company charges for data usage or on a picture-by-picture basis.
You might be asking, “Are cellular trail cameras worth it?” Let’s review the differences between some of the most popular trail camera manufacturer plans and service providers so you can choose the best one for your needs. Then, learn the benefits of choosing Moultrie Mobile as your cellular trail camera provider.
Trail Camera Manufacturer Plans
Every game camera manufacturer provides different cellular plans for trail cameras. Prices vary across the industry, and the value of any 4G wireless trail camera plans depends on how well that manufacturer meets your specific needs. Some of your needs may include:
- Compatibility with a cellular service provider that has extensive coverage in your area.
- Whether the data plan includes the cost of photo transmissions or total data usage.
- Best cellular trail camera.
- Availability of multi-camera packages and other add-on options.
- Your budget for both the initial camera purchase and monthly charges and fees.
- The ability to pay monthly, quarterly or annually.
- The overall quality of the product, service and customer service.
Below are some of the most popular manufacturers of trail cameras with 4G cellular game camera plans.
1. Moultrie Mobile
As a long-time leader in the trail camera industry, we designed the Moultrie Mobile plan to integrate seamlessly into your lifestyle and offer convenient features that enable you to get the most out of your camera footage. All plans below include unlimited cloud storage, HD versions of images available for download on-demand and advanced image recognition — all with no contract required. Our plans are compatible with both Verizon and AT&T, offering maximum coverage. The Moultrie Mobile App is also easy to use, allowing you to access and monitor your camera’s status and settings when you’re away.
Choose from one of five flexible, cost-efficient plans:
- Monitor: The Monitor plan includes 100 images each month. It costs $2.99 per month if you pay for one year upfront and $4.99 per month if you choose to pay monthly.
- Standard: The Standard plan includes 1,000 images. It costs $8.99 per month if you pay annually and $9.99 if you pay each month.
- Large: The Large plan includes 1,500 images and costs $10.99 per month when paid annually and $14.99 when you pay monthly.
- Unlimited: The Unlimited plan includes an unlimited number of images each month, which costs $12.99 per month when paid annually and $16.99 when paid monthly.
- Pro Series Unlimited: The Pro Series Unlimited plan includes unlimited images each month, and you can have multiple cameras on the same plan. The first camera costs $22.99 monthly when you choose to pay annually, and $34.99 when you pay monthly. Each additional camera is $7.99 per month, whether you pay upfront or each month.
Every Moultrie Mobile plan is competitively priced and includes convenient features and anytime-access to our helpful team of customer service representatives. Think you might need a few more pictures one month than you do in another? Moultrie has you covered. Our plans are flexible and adaptable to your lifestyle. For the Monitor, Standard and Large plans, you can easily add 500 more images to your plan for an additional $4.99. With every Moultrie Mobile monthly plan, you also have the option to pay annually rather than monthly, which saves up to 40%. Plus, you can upgrade or downgrade your plan anytime and there is never an activation or cancellation fee.
Spypoint has four photo transmission plans available for enrollment — the Free, Basic, Standard and Premium:
- The Free option includes 100 photos per month of enrollment.
- Basic costs $4 per month when paid annually and $5 per month when paid monthly. It gets you 250 photos each month.
- The Standard plan yields 1,000 monthly pictures at $7 per month when paid annually and $10 when month-to-month.
- The Premium plan includes unlimited photos for $10 a month annually or $15 paid each month.
* Pay an additional $99.99 per year (Insiders Club) for:
- Buck Tracker (artificial intelligence)
- 50 HD photos per year
- 12-month cloud storage (no unlimited cloud storage)
Using Spypoint’s CELL-LINK, you can connect their services to nearly any SD-compatible trail camera you own, so you don’t need to replace your current equipment. All plans include no activation fee and no contract.
3. Stealth Cam
Stealth Cam has data plans available for their line of Fusion Wireless Cameras. You can choose to pay monthly or annually. Monthly options include the following:
- 600 photos or 50MB of data for $5 each month.
- 100MB of data, which equates to roughly 2,000 photos and costs $10 per month.
- Unlimited photos for $20 per month.
A Bundle Pro option, which lets you connect three cameras for $50 each month, and then an additional $5 for every camera after that. The bundle option
- includes 36,000 photos.
* Pay an additional $5 per month for:
- Animal detection (artificial intelligence)
- Security tracking
- Two years of cloud storage
Annual plans include the same data and photo options, but at a discounted price. For these plans, note that the number of photos each month may vary, and there is a 10-cent charge per MB of overage.
Bushnell’s Wireless Trophy Cam App is compatible with their Impulse Cellular Trail Camera. Game camera data plans include:
- The Economy plan, which has 1,500 monthly thumbnails at $9.99.
- The $19.99 Basic plan, which yields 3,000 photos per month.
- The Deluxe plan, which gets you 7,000 photos for $29.99.
- The Elite plan that provides 15,000 thumbnails for a monthly fee of $59.99.
*Pay extra for high-resolution images:
- $0.99 per image
- $7.99 for 10 images
- $16.99 for 25 images
Covert’s Blackhawk operates via Verizon connectivity and includes an option to pay monthly, quarterly or yearly. Their prices are among the highest, and they offer several different options, depending on how many images you want or need per trail camera. Monthly plans include options for:
- 100 photos for $6.99.
- 1,000 photos for $7.99.
- 5,000 photos for $11.99.
- 10,000 photos for $16.99.
- 20,000 photos for $26.99.
- 40,000 photos for $36.99.
Quarterly plans include the ability to get more pictures each month, including options with:
- 400 pictures for $20.99.
- 3,500 pictures for $25.99.
- 10,000 pictures for $30.99.
- 20,000 pictures for $35.99.
- 50,000 pictures for $55.99.
Yearly options include:
- 1,500 pictures for $84.99.
- 15,000 pictures for $96.99.
- 30,000 pictures for $114.99.
- 50,000 pictures for $124.99.
- 75,000 pictures for $144.99.
- 125,000 pictures for $174.99.
- 225,000 pictures for $224.99.
- 1,000,000 pictures for $979.99.
* Only active cameras have 30-day cloud storage. Once plan is canceled or suspended previous photos are gone.
Cuddeback’s CuddeLink allows you to create a network of up to 15 remote cameras on a single plan and transmits images from those cameras to an image collection camera. This way, you only need to check one camera rather than all of them. CuddeLink can move photos across several miles, depending on terrain conditions.
The Basic monthly plans include 2,000 images per month and costs $20. Deluxe plans include unlimited images for $40 each month. There are also annual-pay plans at a discounted cost. Image count is approximate and includes 100MB of data. All plans operate through Verizon LTE, and there is a charge if you go over your allotted amount of data for the month.
Though Spartan has data plans available for several service providers, the Verizon Spartan GoCam LTE is their first certified cellular trail camera plan. Verizon options include:
- 50MB of data for one month at $9.99.
- 250MB of data for one month at $11.99.
- 1GB of data for three months at $35.99.
- 3GB of data for three months at $64.99.
- 6GB of data for six months at $109.99.
- 12GB of data for one year at $199.99.
Other game camera service providers for Spartan include AT&T, Cellcom, Sprint and U.S. Cellular.
* Premium Service cost extra per month for some plans
Exodus cellular trail cameras operate through Scoutek data plans, which use the Verizon 4G LTE network. The data plans are shared among your cameras, but each line is an additional cost per month. Data plans include:
- 5MB, or roughly 100 photos, per month for $1.
- 25MB, or 500 photos, per month for $3.
- 50MB, or 1,000 photos, per month for $5.
- 100MB, which is about 2,000 monthly photos, for $10.
- 250MB, or roughly 5,000 photos, for $15.
- 500MB, which equates to about 10,000 images, for $20.
- 1GB of monthly data, which yields about 20,000 photos, for $30.
- 2GB of data each month, or about 40,000 pictures, for $60.
- 5GB of data, or 100,000 monthly pictures, for $120.
- 10GB of shared data, which is near 200,000 images, for $220.
* Pay extra for:
- $7 activation fee
- $0.15 per MB overage fee
Cellular Service Providers
Some cellular game data plans are compatible with only one cellular service provider, while others are compatible with two or more. Always take the service provider into account when choosing your plan and check that their high-speed coverage extends to the areas where your trail cameras are installed. The three most popular service providers compatible with 4G cellular trail camera plans are Verizon, AT&T and Sprint:
To access Verizon trail camera service, you need a connected device plan. Verizon’s connected device plans can work through your account’s unlimited or shared data plan, or you can opt for a single device plan instead. Single device data plans range from 500MB to 1GB of data, while shared data plans can reach 10GB. There are also add-on data boosts you can use for your Verizon cellular trail camera plans for an additional fee. Verizon covers more than 99% of the U.S. population, so you likely won’t have trouble picking up a strong signal where you need it most.
With wireless coverage in every state, AT&T has both prepaid and standard contract data plans. AT&T game trail camera service prepaid data options include an 8GB high-speed data plan, an unlimited data plan and an unlimited plus data plan that includes a 10GB mobile hotspot. Standard contract AT&T trail camera plans include unlimited and mobile share options, so you can adapt them to fit multiple cameras if necessary.
Sprint, which is now a part of T-Mobile, has the Essentials, Magenta and Magenta Plus data plans with ranging unlimited options for cellular plans, as well as a prepaid connected device plan that gives you a choice between 2GB and 22GB of data. Sprint trail camera service is available nationwide.
Why Moultrie Mobile Offers the Best Cellular Trail Camera Plan
With adaptable, cost-efficient plans, flexible coverage options and world-class customer support, Moultrie Mobile is the best cellular trail camera plan for anyone who wants reliable quality and convenient built-in features. Here’s what you get when you choose Moultrie Mobile:
- Multiple coverage options: With the ability to choose between Verizon and AT&T as your service provider, you can select the one that has the best coverage in your area. You are not bound to whichever company currently services your cellphone — our plans are their own entity and can exist on a different network from your cell phone.
- Flexible plan options: We offer several different plan options to suit various needs and lifestyles, all with no required contracts and no fine print. You have the opportunity to pay either monthly or upfront for the year, which saves you money. As your needs and lifestyle change, you can easily adjust your plan to a lower or higher tier, or add 500 photos to your current month for an extra charge.
- Unlimited cloud storage: Every plan comes with free unlimited cloud storage, so your photos are easily accessible and safely stored. This means even if your phone breaks, you can access your images without issue.
- Advanced image recognition: Our advanced image recognition system helps you get the most value for your money, sifting through your game cam photos to identify and tag ones with deer, buck, turkey, people and vehicles in them.
- Trained customer support: Our highly trained support team is based in the U.S. and always available to help if you have questions or require assistance — even on nights and weekends. Enjoy further peace of mind with our three-year hassle-free warranty program.
- Interactive maps: Map out your entire hunting property with Interactive Maps. This free feature, allows you to mark all of your cell cams, treestands, feeders, food plots, bedding areas and much more. Using the maps feature will begin to reveal how deer and other wildlife maneuver through your property.
Learn More About Moultrie Mobile
At Moultrie, we are committed to creating top cellular trail cameras that are reliable, innovative products that provide you the quality and value you need. Browse our website to shop our collection of cellular trail cameras and trail camera accessories today, or learn more about choosing the right cellular trail camera data plan for you!
Do you avoid making venison burgers because they lack flavor and turn out dry? Then try this traditional and smash-burger recipes! We’ll teach you the tips and tricks to create the ultimate juicy and flavorful venison burger.
Love grilling wild game? Then you’ve got to try these juicy venison kabobs with chimichurri.
EDGE PRO is built with industry-first technologies to make the camera smarter in the field, from setup to download. Head to the pinned posts on our Facebook and Instagram or fill out the form below to be 1 of 2 winners of the all-new EDGE PRO by Moultrie Mobile! Giveaway ends August 22, 2023.